Overview of A1 English Test:
In the Common European Framework of Reference, the A1 English test is the first level test. It is for immigrants who are just beginning to learn English or who have no knowledge of English.
The A1 English test is conducted by the European Council to examine whether an immigrant can understand the basic sentences or expressions in English or not. If you are going to the UK as a tourist then you have to take this test. But, if you are going for the study or job then A1 English would not be sufficient.
As per the CEFR rules, someone at the A1 level in English-
- Can understand the familiar expression of the person when he/she talks in English.
- Can introduce himself/herself effectively in front of anyone in English.
- Can interact with the people and ask them questions slowly.
- Can ask directions with the people while walking on the road.
- Can describe weather conditions, talk about the food, movies, and daily plans.
- Can talk in general terms about the health issues to a doctor.
- Can simply exchange a conversation when meeting with friends, and family.
Why A1 test is mandatory for UK visa approval?
The reason why the English test is mandatory in the UK visa approval process. Because English is the first language of this country and you will not have any communication problems, the council conducts the test. If you pass this exam then you can talk to strangers, friends, and family effectively.
If you easily communicate in English and then you can take the help of the online immigrants’ consultants for A1 English test booking. When you book the A1 test via the online consultants you will get a wide range of benefits and learning materials.
There are so many countries that are exempted from the English test while applying for a UK visa. Countries, where English is the first language, are exempted from this test.
If you come from the below-mentioned countries then the A1 English test is mandatory for you.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
If your age is above 65 then you are also exempted from the CEFR English test.
Tips to pass the A1 English test:
Below we have mentioned the top tips that can help you in clearing this exam at one go-
- You need to command yourself to speak in English rather than writing. Because it’s a test where your speaking language is judged by the examiner. You need to work on your speaking rather than writing.
- Speak English as much as possible. The more you practice, the lesser you fumble while speaking English.
- Take the online English speaking course. It is one of the most effective approaches to pass the A1 English test. They will give you the practicing material and guide you on how to clear this test in the first attempt.
This comprehensive guide on the A1 English test helps you a lot. You can take the help of the online immigrants’ consultants for A1 English test booking. Once you book the test, you will get the date and exam center name. And after passing this test the A1 English test certification will be sent via email.